Friday, October 4, 2013

Do my kid's love homeschooling?

I was talking to one of the mom's at my son's baseball game, and she told me she was homeschooled. I have to say I have met several people who homeschool but none that had actually been homeschooled themselves. Amazingly enough she also was schooled with the same curriculum up till high school. I haven't got the chance to hear her full story but I do know she loved homeschooling and wanted to homeschool her children too. She didn't only because her husband wasn't on board. Respectfully, if I know anything about homeschooling, I know I wouldn't dare do it without my husband's support. This lady is one of the sweetest on the team, kind of quiet, polite, not all in the "drama, have to be seen attitude that most mom's on our team seem to have." Just a real joy to be around, her boy on the team...cutest thing ever, so polite and we'll mannered. Should have known. Lol. Well, talking with her really got me thinking...what will my kid's think about homeschooling when there older? Will they homeschool their own children? Will they regret it? Feel deprived? Not that I'm going to change my mind, depending on what I think, just curious in general. I read some recent studies where something like 92% of homeschoolers were glad they were homeschooled. (Pic below) Right now my boys love it, I do always try to ask not that I would stop homeschooling but if it were, I want more friends, want to play an instrument, or something, I can always accommodate for those things so they are happy and I'm happy. I love the close family bond we have with each other I always try to be open that the boys can voice their opinions and have a say in what goes on as much as possible. I found some other stats that I already knew, but still wanted to share. A bit of encouragement if you will. Happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment