Friday, November 22, 2013

Funk phase! It happens...

This week has been, well not our best. I'm just in a bit of a funk. Sorry I'm honest. This night shift working in between homeschooling has got the best of me, put me in a little bit of lazy mood. The boys do their studies wonderfully and sometimes a little to independently. Nolan is finally grasping multiplication. Thank the Lord, I was fixing to bang my head upside the wall. Just one of my frustrations this week. Ugh. He knows math, he just second guesses himself. It's getting better. I love my boys but I think I have been so focused on the school aspect, I have neglected the character building aspect of homeschooling. One of my main reasons for schooling them. To raise respectable, polite little men. So right now I have an 11 yr old who I believe is hitting preteen hormones, he wants to argue with me now. It's hard he is such a sweet kid, but it's like he is fighting a little battle within himself. After he acts up he immediately beats himself up about it and I can't get enough hugs from him for him to understand, it's ok. We all do wrong at times, we forgive and forget then move on. Nolan has taken the bossy role his brother has let go of and the baby is well the baby! Lol. We're just in a weird phase right now. Sorry for my rant of complaints! Lol. Just know we are a normal family with everyday issues like anyone else. So today we have a free day! Veg out watch movies together while it's cold out. Momma's gonna reevaluate somethings to change this funk. Going to have Thanksgiving this weekend with the family, and then we will get back in the groove. :)

Did you know homeschooling mom's are most likely to give up during the months of November and February. (Read that in another blog).

Happy thanksgiving!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment