Saturday, November 16, 2013

New friendships.

Just truckin along in our studies...Taylor is starting to show a real interest in space this year, which is kind of cool. Hoping we can plan a field trip to a local observatory soon. His creative writing is coming full circle this year. I found a new book called writing on target. It is super helpful for him, it just breaks down the story writing. First you read an example, then fill in the parts of the story your writing. (Topic, problem, events, close and intro.) Next you add detail to each section, then write the.whole story elaborating further and last you proofread and edit. A week for each story. It has excellent prompts for him to write about. Right now he has written personal stories, non fiction and fiction. Nolan is taking a liking to geography this year. I love watching them explore new things. Well besides the book work we are steady making friendships, me included. Last week Timothy had a play date and a another homeschooling mother joined us, she has two boys 6 & 8. Our boys hit it off so well with them. And really me with her, she's uses the same curriculum we use. Her teaching style is similar and she was really able to shed some light on things for me. I gave her some suggestions as well...it was super helpful. I told her halfway thru talking I know why our two 8yrs olds are getting along because your struggles your telling me about are the same struggles I have with mine. Love it. We have plans for a picnic at the park this week. This really was such a boost for me at just the right time.
Oh one more thing, one of the helpers in Taylor's Awanna class at Church stated all the kids have decided that Taylor's only ahead because he is homeschooled. Lol. I don't force him to work on his work at home and mostly he works on it at night, but hey, think what they want. Some of the kids are telling him how cool it is that he is homeschooled and they want to be homeschooled too, of course I'm sure they have no idea what homeschooling entails, but hey works for me! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment