Saturday, December 28, 2013

Christmas shopping

It seems I have been neglecting my blog again. Sorry. I'm going to try to get caught up, may make a few pages today. Well, I guess let me start...The boys finished their Awanas at Church. The last day they had a store where they cashed in all the bucks they had collected and went "shopping." My oldest two had over $100 earned. The neatest thing about this was they could buy anything, Christmas gifts for Mom, Dad, Siblings...or spend it on themselves. So each kid went in the "store" with a teenager helper, shopped. (No parents allowed) and then went into another room and got help wrapping their gifts. It was so cute. All my boys came home with gifts for each other and us. I just really thought that was special, they worked really hard earning badges and memorizing scripture to collect their money and then when they had the chance to spend it they all selflessly spend it on others. Such a greatful heart they have. I know they thoroughly enjoyed watching us open their presents and us having no idea what we were getting. Good stuff too, pot holders, dish rags, hand soap, necklace and body wash...There willingness to give really made me proud. That in itself was enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment