Wednesday, January 8, 2014

New year, New plans.

Back to posting about our school, so as my New year's resolution...(Lol. Because I never do this kind of stuff) I decided I want to be a better teacher to my boys, I know that sounds crazy, but we are lacking something's in our schooling, arts n crafts, music, and we need more science experiments, you know the hands on kind of stuff. I do good for awhile in this area and then we slack off again and just get drained in the book work. I recently won a Facebook contest from Apologia( a homeschool science curriculum, creation based) I won a bag and a textbook, Chemistry and physics for beginners. I have never used Apologia, nor do I like any chemistry or physics stuff, but I have to say I love the curriculum. I decided we would do this together as a subject with my two oldest. Other than Bible, I have never really done that. Well, I am in love. It is in depth enough for my fifth grader but simple enough for my second grader. It has a ton of games and experiments, so oddly enough, I find myself teaching one of my least favorite subjects and totally enjoying it. Who knew. I'm really going to try to not let the little things get to me, try to be more patient while schooling, and not stress as much. Lol, who am I kidding?? I guess its worth a shot though...

No comments:

Post a Comment