Saturday, August 17, 2013

Life Lessons

For those of you who know me or my family we are super big into baseball. We watch my boys play it, hubby played it in highschool/college. It is probably one of are favorite past times. (well, except the three yr old. Hes coming around though. :)) I did'nt realize how much the boys don't just listen to the game, but the media that follows it. We are BIG Texas Rangers fans, and my favorite player Nelson Cruz just so happens to be one at the center of allegations for steroid abuse. So, unknown to me my oldest Taylor ask me, "Mom, why did he have to do drugs?" my middle son Nolan chimes in too, "Mom, what are drugs?" Wow. Talk about a teaching moment. We really had a heart to heart, from drugs, integrity, making good decisions, to honesty and ultimately forgiveness to those who make mistakes. These are some of the topics you always wonder how your going approach with your children. So, thankful I get to be able to teach them about the world around them good and bad and hopefully direct them down the right path. It is so rewarding to use these little life lessons as huge teaching moments with my boys.

No comments:

Post a Comment