Wednesday, July 24, 2013

My own worst enemy.

I am my own worst enemy. Lol. No really, I am. I have always been a goal setter, always set expectations for my self, push myself. All good qualities right? Well, yeah, except when you fail your own expectations, slip up a little or don't meet a certain goal. I critique myself constantly. If I get frustrated and raise my voice at one of my boys. I could probably just slap a big ole' worst mom of the year award on my chest and cry. In my own opinion of course. My intentions are always better than my actions. I was singing this last Sunday in the church choir and as I'm looking out in the congregation, I see my oldest sitting with and older lady who has alzheimers sharing a hymn book, my middle son befriending two little girls who were new, but a little to shy to go into the nursery. (Now, this might be slightly because he really wants a little sister. Another day, another story.) Now I didn't tell him too befriend those little girls, or my oldest to comfort that elderly woman. Truth is when the oldest realized our head usher was absent they motioned to each other and he stepped up to help take the offerring. What a sweet spirit and a willingness to serve, all the things I want them to do, if I sit back and watch they really are getting it. So, in that I had a small revelation. I really need to get over the few bad days I have had as compared to the multiple good days. I need to realize, I'm human, I make mistakes just like everyone else. I need to focus on the accomplishments more than the negative. Like, everytime I hear my Nolan read I delight in the fact that I taught him how to do that! No school, me and to top that, he is my best reader! I made a sort of bucket list of things I wanted teach the boys over the summer. Well, I have accomplished every goal except them learning how to ride their bikes without training wheels. (We live on a highway, with a gravel driveway, so we have to load up bikes and go elsewhere) As, Im thinking about all the positive things our greastest feat, was me teaching my boys to swim! Again, no swim school, me, my hubby and a little hard work and dedication. We bought a small 3ft pool and the boys have been working at it all summer. My oldest and middle son are swimming, like head down in the water swimming! My youngest isn't swimming yet but hes kicking and now putting his face in the water and holding his breathfor three seconds, super proud of that for my three year old. To top it off, we go out to eat at a local resturaunt, where we are well remembered. Lol. In talking the cashier ask my oldest about homeschooling. He is steady answering her questions, when she gets to the one about Do you like being homeschooled? (of course I'm all ears, especially with him. He has been in both public school too) He tells her, his words, he loves it and then starts listing what all he has learned about, all the field trips we have taken. You, know at that moment I could'nt be more happy. My boys are happy, healthy, and thriving. What do I possibly have to beat my self up about? Nothing but small matters that are probably just Satan getting in the way and trying to steal my joy!  Happy reading yall hope I am of some encouragement to you all too.

No comments:

Post a Comment