Saturday, July 6, 2013

Vbs 2013 "Fruity Farms"

A little late, ok like two weeks late posting, but hey at least I'm here right? Well vbs turned out great. For those of you who don't know, we belong to a very small church. It is steady growing but still small. This is the first vbs held at this church in quite sometime, so a blessing in itself that we even managed to pull off a vbs sucessfully. We had six children total. Not alot but hey you have to start somewhere right? I was blessed with the oppurtunity to coordinate the whole thing. We themed it "Fruity Farms" and taught the fruits of the spirit. My boys are still singing the songs. Yes, and my hubby too. The other day were stuck in a traffic jam when my hubby breaks out in tune "be patient, be patient, don't be in such a hurry, God says be patient there's no reason to worry..." lol. So we all learned something, like when my hubbys's mower broke in the middle of mowing and lets just say he was a little frustrated when he got home, so he slammed the door, kicked off his shoes and vented to me about it. As he calmed down and sat on the couch next two Timothy (the 3 yr old) Timothy says, "Daddy, you need some self control!" lol. Gotta love when your own children put things in perspective for you. Lesson learned for us adults, the little ones watch our actions more than I sometimes realize, so the more I teach them about how to be good little men of God, Hubby and I better model that same behavior. Wow.

No comments:

Post a Comment